Pages

31.10.2012- What I Wore Today #67

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

When it comes to putting together a staple winter wardrobe, I'm generally quite guilty of sticking to the same pieces. There's something about this time of year which makes me feel quite sloth-like, and when you're battling the unpredictable weather on a day to day basis it can be really tricky to find the right balance between keeping warm and not getting stuck in a style rut. With this in mind, this year I've been keeping my eyes peeled for some new knitwear, and my outfit from yesterday featured a fairly recent woolly purchase:

 Jumper- COS 
Blouse (worn under jumper)- French Connection 
Jeans- Topshop 
Rings- Topshop
Necklace- Topshop

On this rather chilly occasion I grabbed my jeans and paired them with my new navy jumper. In my search for some practical, comfortable and good quality knits I stumbled across COS completely by accident but I'm really thankful I did. Although their pieces are a touch towards the more expensive side of the high street, everything seems really well made and long lasting- exactly what you need during this cold snap! I'm also head over heels in love with their galaxy print scarf, something which I'm sure I'll be picking up sooner rather than later. To break up the top to toe navy, I layered the jumper over my blouse from French Connection, and I love the 60s inspired twist which this flash of white lends the outfit. I'm also featured on the French Connection blog at the moment, so do pop over and have a peek if you fancy!

Are you finding it chillier than normal? And which winter pieces from last year are you looking forward to revisiting?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. Love the dainty rings, very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to have suddenly turned super cold down in the West Country today, I am not a fan! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pop of white, I have a similar jumper from Zara so this has given me some much needed inspiration!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace! I know what you mean about wearing the same things a lot in the winter- it's easy to stick to what you feel good in (and what keeps you from freezing your butt off!)

    Congratulations on the blog feature!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit, I love your necklace!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' that lil' birdie necklace---SOOOOOO CUTE!!! And you have the best hair!
    kisses
    xo Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely necklace - and very jealous of your hair! Thank you for the RT on Twitter, just had a read of your blog - it's great! Lots of love xxx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground