Pages

05.11.2012- Monday Must-haves: Winter Essentials

Monday, 5 November 2012

I don't know about you, but there's definitely something about the winter months which makes me want to hibernate and not venture outdoors until the arrival of spring. The combination of shorter days and colder temperatures is also one which is a real challenge for my wardrobe- suffice it to say that deciding what to wear when it's still dark outside is a mission I'm finding increasingly impossible! As I mentioned in my post last week, keeping warm and still feeling stylish is pretty tricky when your overriding instinct is to reach for the cosiest pieces to hand (in my case a rather snazzy printed fleece which I've had since I was about 12!), so for this week's must haves I've scoured the shops for some of the most practically pretty winter essentials around:


This spot print tunic from Warehouse has been on my wishlist for a fair few weeks now, and I'm sure it's something I'll be picking up soon. As well as being the perfect autumnal shade, it's ideal for layering with some winter woollies and is a really chic piece which I think would prove an instant wardrobe classic. Talking of classic, you can't go far wrong with a military style coat at this time of the year, and this one from Oasis is by far my favourite on the high street at the moment- a really versatile piece which would look just as good worn with jeans and a jumper as it would layered over a dress. As far as hats go, I never tend to have that much luck (the perils of having a man sized head!), but this winter I'm determined to find one which suits me. I love the contrast in colours on this one from Miss Selfridge, and the bow detail is a really cute touch. Woolly mittens don't get much cooler than these ones from Whistles do they? Their collaboration with Markus Lupfer has to be one of this season's most anticipated, and as well as an amazing array of pyjama styles and printed patterns, there's also a fantastically fun range of winter accessories on offer (including an amazing dog jumper which I'm so tempted to pick up for mine as a Christmas present!) During the colder weather I also find that the weight of my handbag seems to double- predominantly from carrying around cough medicine, throat sweets and what often feels like my own body weight in lip balm! There's nothing worse than having to rummage around looking for the essentials, so I'm sorely tempted to invest in this satchel from Zara- perfect for keeping things organised, and the hardware detailing hopefully means that it would survive being bumped into by even the most aggressive of people at rush hour on the tube! Finally, these slipper style shoes from Urban Outfitters are a much more weatherproof alternative to the ballet flats which I wore so much through the summer, and the fox embroidery is a really cute finishing touch.

What do you think of my picks for this week? And have you been shopping for any winter essentials at all?

(Image credit: Warehouse, Oasis, Miss Selfridge, Whistles, Zara and Urban Outfitters.)

5 comments:

  1. nice pics Sarah! love the Zara bag, what a beauty!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm that coat is gorgeous. Very classic for this time of year. I love it :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these picks, the tunic is lovely and i want that coat. I have also put the entire Markus Lupfer collaboration on my dream wishlist, it is just so fun!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Oasis coat! Military style winter coats are my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tunic and that coat is gorgeous! I love the Markus Lupfer collaboration- I may buy it all!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground