Pages

09.11.2012- What I Wore Today #71

Friday, 9 November 2012

As I've chronicled in a few previous posts, I'm rarely that experimental with my day-to-day dressing. As a general rule, you'll usually find me in jeans, florals and smock style dresses, but from time to time I find myself wanting to try wearing something different- a change is as good as a rest, as the old saying goes! There's no doubt that there's an abundance of amazing pieces both on the high street and online at the moment, and as such I'm sure I'm not the only one counting down the days until payday! One place which I'm finding really impressive at the moment is ASOS, somewhere where I've bought the odd thing here and there from in the past but which I've usually tended to forgo in favour of the high street. However, after regularly (some would say obsessively!) checking their 'new in' section over the last few weeks, I've snapped up some real gems. My outfit from the middle of the week featured one such recent purchase:

Dress- ASOS
Tights- Marks and Spencer
Nails- Essie Bordeaux
Bag- Accessorize
Shoes- Topshop

Believe me when I say that this dress is never the sort of thing which I'd usually buy. I'm usually terrified of anything remotely figure hugging, but after seeing how amazing a similar style looked on the lovely Sophie a few weeks ago, I thought I'd be a bit daring and opt for something a little bit out of my comfort zone. Cue a Sunday evening ASOS splurge which saw me order a small mountain of clothes- this dress being the only thing which I kept hold of! The bold print is generally something which I'd steer clear of in favour of a ditsy floral, but there's something about the colour combination which makes it perfect for this time of the year. I was also really impressed by the fit- not at all unflattering and perfect for capturing a slice of vintage inspired elegance. Suffice it to say that I'm now fighting the temptation to splash out on all of the similar styles on the ASOS website!

Do you like experimenting with new pieces in your wardrobe? And have you made any out of character purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. You look amazing, I am totally jealous of your lovely figure! I do love 'wiggle' dresses but I haven't tried a printed one so I will have to keep an eye out for something similar!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been buying jumpers which I never really wore before, always felt too bulky in them but I have quite a nice collection now. Love the colours on this dress, would look nice with some blue/teal nails I think for a bit of a clash x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is lovely, I adore your bag as well!!:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! This dress is stunning! The pattern is so lovely! :) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i love this dress!! reminds me of the funky patterns from the 60s pop stuff!! subbed via RSS :)

    Miss drifted Snow White

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground