Pages

14.11.2012- What I Wore Today #73

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Experimenting with an array of autumnal shades is one of the things which I enjoy most about this time of the year. Whilst I can't wait to embrace some jewel tones this festive season (there's a stunning emerald skirt in Zara which I've got my eye on!), for now I'm happy to stick with rich burgundy and oxblood. A little while ago I paired some block autumnal shades together, but I'm also really enjoying experimenting with richer hues as accent colours in my outfits- whether it's a bold shade of lipstick or an eye-catching accessory. My outfit from the start of the week featured a fairly recent purchase which I think perfectly captures some seasonal inspiration:

Dress- MinkPink (via Urban Outfitters)
Cardigan- Zara
Leggings- Topshop
Shoes- Office

I featured this dress from MinkPink at Urban Outfitters a few months ago and it's something which I'm really glad I took the plunge and purchased. Not only is the relaxed, grunge inspired shape really comfortable, but I also think that the colourway is perfect for this time of the year. On Monday I teamed it with some leggings and one of my staple cardigans from Zara, as well as this pair of gold jazz pumps from Office which I found lurking in my wardrobe. Nothing like a mad footwear panic on a rainy day to help you rediscover some old favourites, is there?!

How are you styling your favourite autumn purchases?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. love the dress, it really does look comfy. Would also look great with tights, boots and some cunky knitwear on the top x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is such a good colour on you, I love the patterns too!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground