Pages

16.11.2012- What I Wore Today #74

Friday, 16 November 2012

Jeans. As far as I'm concerned they're the Holy Grail of fashion. Whilst it's often a struggle to find the perfect pair, when you do you invest in a real wardrobe staple, and something which is super versatile. As I've documented before, I tend to reach for my jeans more often than anything else in my wardrobe, teaming them with blouses, tees and jumpers (especially at this time of the year!) Having said that, it's taken me a long time to find the style of denim which suits me- after some ill-advised stonewashed denim, grey drainpipes and flares(!) during my teens, I've now settled on a classic skinny fit in a dark wash. Boring, I know, but definitely something which I know I won't end up regretting later on down the line! As far as a go-to pair of jeans is concerned, my staple style is the Topshop Kristen- the high waisted fit is perfect for my height (and means I can always say yes to a second slice of cake!). They're also perfect for styling in a lot of different ways:

Jeans-Topshop
Tee- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- Accessorize
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis
Nails- Essie Exotic Liras and Revlon Stunning

Despite the fact that these jeans are high waisted, I usually tend to style them with a long line blouse or smock, meaning that the classic fit is never really that obvious. However, after digging out this tee from Topshop I was really keen to experiment with how my staple denims could be worn, and thought that exposing the high waisted detailing would be a perfect nod to a more vintage inspired silhouette. It's definitely one which I really like, so I'm sure I'll be styling a few more of my favourite pieces in similar way soon. 

Do you like changing how you wear your wardrobe staples? And have you found your perfect pair of jeans yet?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. I have these jeans! They are the perfect fit for me and I like the slightly vintage style of the higher waist :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are divine !

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    Or follow me on Instagram @franwelchfeatherss

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit. I used to wear jeans day in day out, but for some off reason I've gone off them. Think it's just finding the right pair, like you say xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeans are such tricky beasts - I would love to wear coloured or patterned denim, but somehow it never works for me. I love the classic dark colour that you've gone for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jeans are gorgeous & I love this top with them! I'm worried I might never find my perfect pair of jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These jeans look great on you. I am not really a jeans person but I would like to find my perfect pair as the weather gets colder. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground