Pages

19.11.2012- What I Wore Today #75

Monday, 19 November 2012

As I've said a fair few times in previous posts, I'm generally pretty guilty of forgetting about lots of pieces in my wardrobe. It's only when I'm having a good tidy or searching for a neglected gem that I'll stumble across bits and bobs which I've not worn in a long time, but rediscovering old pieces and restyling them is something which I really enjoy. Whilst it's usually my shoe collection which is abandoned in favour of a blister-free staple pair of pumps, there's a sizeable selection of blouses, dresses and jackets which I'll tend to rediscover every once in a while too. My outfit from the tail end of last week incorporated a few such previously forgotten pieces:

 Jacket- c/o Marks & Spencer 
Jeans- Topshop 
Blouse- Sister Jane via ASOS 
Shoes- Topshop 
Sunglasses- Vintage 

You might remember this jacket from the M&S style challenge which I participated in a month or so ago. Having styled it for the week three challenge, I popped it into my wardrobe and had been a bit neglectful of it until now, unsure of how to incorporate it into my day to day wardrobe. However, in the midst of putting together some outfits for work, last week I rediscovered it, opting to pair in with my much loved blouse from Sister Jane- something which I still love almost a year after purchasing it. The classic navy and white combination seemed to really work, and teaming the jacket with the classic blouse felt like a really sensible way to make the comparatively bold polka dot print work for every day. Truth be told, this outfit is probably far more summery than the sort of thing I should be reaching for at this time if year (especially when teamed with my new vintage sunglasses!), but if this optimistic style of dressing means that we may yet get an Indian summer then I'm all for it!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I love polka dots!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the jacket would look nice with a red dress maybe? I'm very underprepared for the cold today and wore a t-shirt and waterproof coat with a scarf and I'm going to freeze on my way home tonight :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your jacket!! I would not have guessed it was Marks and Spencer

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blazer, you've styled it so well! And I'm a massive fan of navy and white

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really guilty of this as well, but it's always such a nice feeling to rediscover things at the back of your wardrobe too, so I guess it's not all bad! I love the polka dot jacket & it really suits you, especially with those vintage sunnies! I have my fingers crossed for an Indian Summer too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground