Pages

22.11.2012- What I Wore Today #76

Thursday, 22 November 2012

As I mentioned in my post at the start of the week, I'm terrible when it comes to making the most out of what I've already got in my wardrobe. A little bit like a magpie with something shiny, I'm always checking the 'New In' sections of my favourite online shops (cough cough Topshop and ASOS), but over the last few weeks I've been making a concerted effort to rediscover some old wardrobe favourites. As well as having a collection of handbags large enough to open my own shop, I'm also a bit of a fiend when it comes to coats. Whilst they're not the most practical when it comes to saving space, when you have to contend with the unpredictable Great British weather, it's nice to have a ready supply of outerwear (and it's definitely a collection which I get plenty of use out of!) My outfit from the weekend featured a real old favourite which was perfect for contrasting the gloomy weather:

Coat- Warehouse
Jeans- American Apparel
Shirt- Motel
Collar- c/o Marks and Spencer
Bag- Urban Outfitters
Shoes- Topshop
Nails- Essie Penny Talk

I've had this coat for a good few years now (in fact I think I might even date back to when I was at uni!), but it's definitely not a piece for the faint hearted. During the week I'll tend to forgo pieces like this in favour of a more neutral colour palette, but given how gloomy the weather was last Saturday I thought an injection of bright colour was just what the doctor ordered. I decided to keep the rest of this look simple with my new jeans from American Apparel (which I'm sure I'll feature in more detail soon!) and a new addition to my wardrobe in the shape of this denim shirt from Motel- I know double denim breaks all sorts of rules but I think it works quite nicely here. Whilst the shirt is a real wardrobe staple which I'm sure I'll get plenty of wear out of in the weeks and months to come, at the weekend I decided to dress it up a little bit with this lovely collar necklace from Marks and Spencer, which I found in my goodie bag after popping along to their SS13 preview. It's definitely the perfect accessory for adding a special touch to an existing outfit, and I'm sure I'll be wearing it time and time again during the festive season. 

Do you tend to wear print colours when the weather starts to get gloomier? And have you bought anything exciting recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Love the coat Sarah! You need to take me coat shopping - it's getting ridiculous!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That collar is gorgeous, such a statement piece x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit...the coat is such a pretty colour and I love the collar- so sparkly!

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your M&S collar! Such a statement piece that will jazz up any outfit :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that necklace and the brightness of that coat!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this coat! I have a lot of coats and they definitely get worn to death!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground