Pages

23.11.2012- What I Wore Today #77

Friday, 23 November 2012

After my posts centering on making the most of my wardrobe earlier in the week, I've been on something of a roll with digging out old favourites and getting some much-needed wear out of them. Whilst it's lovely to shop around for new pieces, at this time of the year it's important to be a bit thrifty and mindful of your spending. With Christmas (and the sales!) just around the corner, I'm determined to save my pennies for presents and some festive bargains, so have been searching through my wardrobe for some old gems. My outfit from yesterday featured something which I'm ashamed to say I'd more or less forgotten about, but which I'm very happy to have rediscovered:

 Blouse- H&M
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop

This blouse was something of a spur-of-the-moment purchase from H&M about a year and a half ago, and I'm not too sure as to the reason I've only worn it once since I bought it! I was a bit apprehensive about how to style such a bold pattern at first, but it's definitely a piece which I'm really glad I picked up, and I think it works really nicely with a simple pair of jeans. The watercolour style print is also quite vivid, so it seemed like the ideal choice to try and combat the gloomy weather!

Are you feeling quite thrifty in the run up to Christmas? And are you guilty of forgetting about things in your wardrobe?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. I love that blouse! I'm always saying I have nothing to wear but when I really sift through my wardrobe, I find that I have lots of nice things I'd forgotten about! Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute printed blouse! I really love how you've styled it, it lets the print do all the talking! xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look, I adore your blouse :) I always forget about clothes in my wardrobe so have many brand new items sitting in there lol.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a huge clear out due to weight loss so I don't have mush to wear anymore so I'm trying to dig out old bags and shoes to mix things up a bit x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so disillusioned with my wardrobe and wish I could be thrifty like you! But I don't like anything at the minute! You look so lovely Sarah - your hair is stunning. Major envy!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground