Pages

26.11.2012- What I Wore Today #78

Monday, 26 November 2012

Whilst woolly jumpers are something of a wardrobe staple for me at this time of the year, sometimes it's really tricky to find nice knitwear on the high street. I tend to find that a lot of shops put together winter collections which encompass a selection of trend-driven knits- I'm thinking studded shoulders, cropped styles and pieces which aren't all that practical when you consider just how cold it is around this time of the year. However, the counterpoint to this are those woollies which are bland, dark and dreary- not exactly ideal for banishing the winter blues. Over the last few years, I've found that looking for vintage knits is the perfect solution to the problems posed by the high street- not only are they full of character, but they're usually really well made, ensuring that they'll survive more than just one wash without shrinking to Polly Pocket size. So, when the lovely Charlotte from The Vintage Set emailed about featuring something from her online collection of vintage gems, I was really hoping something woolly would be winging its way to me; low and behold, it did!

 Jumper- c/o The Vintage Set
Jeans- Topshop
Blazer- ASOS

I came across The Vintage Set a few months ago, and was really impressed with their handpicked selection of stock (especially their accessories!) This jumper was a lovely midweek surprise from the postman last week, and is something which I know I'll be able to integrate really well into my wardrobe, whether teaming it with jeans and a blazer as I did here or layering it over a tea dress. It goes without saying that I love the floral motif, and the forest green shade is perfect for this time of the year. As I've found with a lot of the vintage pieces which I've already got in my wardrobe, it's best to keep the styling simple, so for this outfit I grabbed my staple jeans and boyfriend blazer- perfect for making the most of the brief burst of sunshine before the heavens opened!

Find The Vintage set on Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest and Instagram and be sure to check out their online shop for some real vintage gems! They're also launching on ASOS Marketplace this Friday, so keep your eyes peeled for more coming soon!

Are you a fan of vintage knits?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I love this and the dainty design on the front. Very cosy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. possibly the cutest jumper ever :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jumper is gorgeous, I love how you have styled it!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground