Pages

27.11.2012- Christmas Gift Guide: Part One

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

With Christmas just around the corner, the shops are filling up with all sorts of glorious gifts and the annual puzzle of finding a selection of perfect presents for your nearest and dearest is something which might be starting to feel increasingly overwhelming. You might remember that last year I put together a group of gift guides for different budgets, and this year I thought I'd try and provide some festive inspiration by showcasing some of the best pressies around for some of the most difficult people to buy for. This first installment is inspired by the beauty junkie- that friend who can't walk past a Boots without walking out laden with armfuls of Essie nail polishes, a basketful of 3 for 2 shampoos and an arsenal of lipsticks. As someone with a best friend who is obsessed with all things beauty (yes, I'm looking at you, Sarah!), I've had a lot of practice in snapping up a bounty of makeup shaped goodies during past festive seasons. Having said that, this Christmas there really is an amazing selection of beauty products in the shops, all begging to be hidden away under the tree:


I can't tell you how tempted I am to add all of this little lot onto my Christmas list! The festive range from Clarins is possibly some of the prettiest in the shops at the moment, and this Odyssey face palette would make a really beautiful gift- it's also the perfect thing to counteract dull skin during this chilly weather (can you tell I'm trying to justify how practical it is?!) I'm a massive fan of Stila's makeup, and in particular their eyeshadows. You might remember that they released an ultra-cute collection during the summer, and their follow-up  products this season are just as strong. Not only does this palette feature an amazing array of everyday shades, but it's also fantastically festive thanks to the star shaped design. Talking of festive, the Dior Grand Bal range is another really Christmassy collection- the perfect luxurious treat if you're buying for someone who loves all things beauty. This nail enamel is the perfect ruby red for the festive period and is a super-sophisticated finishing touch for any party outfit. This quad of eyeshadows from The Body Shop is an amazing stocking filler- the beautiful bronze tones are perfect for this season, and the set works out at excellent value for money too, particularly as The Body Shop tend to run some really great promotions at this time of the year. Steering away from makeup for a minute, this amazing set from Origins is the ideal remedy for the myriad of skin nightmares which winter presents. Featuring an array of their most popular products and some cult classics, the set is another really fantastic value pressie, and a dream gift for anyone who loves their skincare, as well as the perfect introduction to Origins for people who might not be too familiar with the brand. I've posted before about how cute Paul & Joe's makeup is, and they really have come up trumps with their Christmas collection. This Winter Wonderland set is adorable and is something which I'm definitely putting on my Christmas list! There are few things more festive than a statement lip, and this season bold berry shades are amongst the most coveted in the shops. This lipstick from Nars is definitely a product which would prove a real investment addition to any makeup bag, and something which would make a really lovely gift. Finally, these Stila brushes are another bargain pressie- I picked up some of their individual brushes when I was in New York a few years ago, and they are still as good as new. Definitely a must-buy for someone who loves experimenting with different makeup looks!  
What do you think of the gifts I've selected? And how are you getting on with your Christmas shopping?

(Image credit: Clarins, ASOS, Dior, The Body Shop, Selfridges and Nars.)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud ;-) xxxx LOVE THE GRAD BALL COLLECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I opened any of these gifts on Christmas morning I'd consider myself a very lucky lady! The Dior nail polish in particular looks amazing - I couldn't justify spending that on myself but somehow for a gift it seems ok! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Stila snowflake eye shadow! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you organise the images? Is is just with Fireworks or do you use a specific program? And I would love to recieve any of these gifts for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground