Pages

29.11.2012- What I Wore Today #79

Thursday, 29 November 2012

Trying to stay warm and dressing practically are generally my top priorities in this wintery weather, but sometimes this cosy approach doesn't lend itself to a great deal of wardrobe experimentation. Whilst I tend to reach for the same staple pieces as the weather gets chillier, it's always nice to refresh your wardrobe and put together an outfit which incorporates a few touches which you'd never ordinarily opt for. This approach was one which I put into action towards the end of last week:

Jacket- River Island
Tee- Topshop
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop

I think I've mentioned in the past that I'm not really a leopard print person- there's just something about the usual sandy yellow and black combination which makes me look really washed out. Combine this with the fact that I'm not overly adventurous in my shopping habits and you'll find my wardrobe pretty lacking in the bold, cutting edge fashion stakes. However, when I spied this jacket in River Island's sale about a month or so ago, I was really drawn to it- I think it's because the navy and deep brown combination is quite unusual and something which I'd never ordinarily opt for. The print is also really subtle, so perfect for comparatively timid trend embracers like me! For this outfit, I paired the jacket with my burgundy tee from Topshop, something which I'm sure I'll be featuring in a few forthcoming posts as it's one of the staple pieces which I'll be using during the #ebaysocialshopping extravaganza on Instagram, which is happening to celebrate the launch of eBay's shopping experience in Covent Garden this weekend. Follow me on Instagram for some festive fashion inspiration, and be sure to use the hashtag #ebaysocialshopping to share your looks too!

Are you adventurous with your shopping? And have you bought anything recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. this jacket is lovely! very subtle indeed, but perfect to dress up an outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as you with leopard print but this does suit you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too adventurous, I'm trying to buy basic items at the moment that I can get a lot of wear out of. The jacket works great with denim because of the navy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat is gorgeous, even if you have stepped away from your comfort zone you'd never know! :) Sometimes I feel quite daring with print and colour, but I always stick to the same styles. Saying that, you'd rarely see me in anything pink or sparkly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit I absolutely adore your jacket! I agree sometimes leopard print pattern can look a little cheap and tacky but the shades on that jacket are so lovely!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like leopard usually as well but this jacket just looks so cool and stylish

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground