Pages

07.12.2012- What I Wore Today #82

Friday, 7 December 2012

Right then. Confession time. Despite posting regularly about my must-haves and favourite high fashion looks, when it comes to the crunch I'm really not that adventurous with embracing trends. Given that the majority of the outfits which I share with you feature denim in some shape or form, I think it's fair to say that I'm the kind of person who favours day-to-day practicality and comfort over making a bold statement with the pieces which I put together. Having said that, I've definitely been encouraged to be a bit more adventurous with my outfits recently, picking up lots of inspiration from the blogs I read and from some of the amazing pieces which are in the shops at the moment. Following the Next Lock In last month, I was determined to put my gift card to good use and embrace something a little more trend led, resulting in a rather uncharacteristically bold outfit earlier in the week:

 Jumper- COS
Trousers- c/o Next
Shoes- Topshop

Believe it or not, those printed trousers from River Island which I was so apprehensive about wearing when I got back from my holiday have fast become a real wardrobe favourite. They're the perfect alternative to jeans and the bold print is a real mood lifter, particularly with the grey skies and chilly weather doing their best to dampen moods at the moment. With this in mind, when I saw this printed pair on the Next website, I immediately added them to my basket. The dark background makes the print perfect for winter, and the vibrant florals are also ideal for the spring and summer. Printed trousers are something I'd normally go out of my way to avoid, but after seeing so many people (and in particular the lovely Aisling) wear them so well, I'm determined to make them more of a feature in my wardrobe. A change is as good as a rest as they say!

Are you a fan of printed trousers? And have you become more adventurous in your shopping habits recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Those are easily the most fabulous pants I have seen in a LONG time. And it's so weird, but I have been going through a floral pants phase recently. I just bought a pair a couple weeks ago, which aren't as fabulous as this pair, but kind of similar. I think floral pants are so FUN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these trousers! I have a leopard print pair that I bought over a year ago and still haven't got round to wearing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These trousers are amazing, I love the colour!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I'd say no to florals but these look fab on you!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous! I've also been wearing more patterned trousers recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! could i be anymore in love with your blog right now!
    your fashion and photography is beautiful! i love it!
    your blog is so inspiring and you are so pretty!
    i am kinda new to this whole blog malarkey and would really appreciate if you would take a look at my blog :)
    <3 <3 <3

    http://katie-annarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground