Pages

17.12.2012- Christmas Gift Guide: Part Three

Monday, 17 December 2012

With just over a week to go until Christmas Day, you'll either be running around the shops like a headless chicken or sitting down with a freshly brewed cuppa content in the knowledge that all your gifts are bought, wrapped and waiting to be discovered under the tree. Whilst I'm happy to say that I (for once!) fall into the latter of those categories, I know that lots of people are leaving things to the last minute in the hope of picking up some early sale bargains. If you're still stuck for some gift inspiration then be sure to have a look at installments one and two of this series, and keep reading to see my final pick of some of the best presents on offer this year:


I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older, but more recently I seem to have been spending the majority of my pennies on homely pieces rather than clothes. Having browsed the shops quite a lot over the last few weeks, it's safe to say that there are definitely some amazing gifts to keep your eyes peeled for if you're shopping for someone who is more into home improvement than haute couture. Cath Kidston has to be one of the most coveted homeware brands out there, and I think that this flask would make a wonderfully practical gift- perfect for transporting copious amounts of tea to keep warm with at this time of the year. Talking of tea, this classic leaf selection from Whittard is definitely something which is on my wishlist, and the caddies are really cute collectables which could be reused time and time again. As far as interiors are concerned, you really can't go wrong with Laura Ashley- this beautiful little trinket box would make the perfect addition to any bedroom, and, if you're feeling especially generous, why not pop some pretty jewellery inside it as a surprise?

Now, we all know that a homely gift guide from me wouldn't be complete without some baking themed goodies thrown in for good measure. After having a lovely leisurely browse around my local House of Fraser at the weekend I came across their Shabby Chic range and fell in love. This glass cupcake stand is one of the most beautiful I've seen in the shops (and trust me I've come across my fair share!), and it's fantastically decorative- perfect for elegantly showcasing the best of your Christmas baking. The measuring spoons are another really practical present, and definitely something which I'm determined to snap up for myself should Santa forget them next week. The recipe book stand from Debenhams is also something which my kitchen is crying out for- it's a failsafe way of protecting baking bibles and recipes from being completely dusted with icing sugar (as mine so often are!) It's also really good value for money, so the perfect last minute present if you've only got a limited budget.

These mugs from Habitat and John Lewis really caught my eye as they're beautifully decorative- even if you're not a fan of tea I think they'd make really lovely ornaments. Finally, I think it's fair to say that as well as the kitchen, the bathroom is probably one of the rooms which we tend to spend a lot of time in over Christmas, whether pampering and preening for parties, or just to have a nice relaxing soak in the bath. This rose heart soap from Cath Kidston is a really lovely stocking filler, and again something which I think is fantastic value as a last minute panic pressie.

Have you done all of your Christmas shopping? And what do you think of the gifts which I've selected?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground