Pages

21.12.2012- What I Wore Today #85

Friday, 21 December 2012

Although my wardrobe is full of pieces which I love, only a handful of them could be called real style classics. The camel coat, the Breton top and the dark wash denim jeans are all wardrobe staples of mine, but I'm also quite guilty of making impulse purchases which I don't imagine will stand the test of time. However, given that we're on the brink of a new year, I'm determined to be more thrifty with my spending and only pick up real classics, as well as endeavoring to get far more wear out of the pieces which are already in my wardrobe. Starting as I mean to go on, my outfit from the middle of the week featured a real classic staple:

Jacket- c/o F&F at Tesco
Top- River Island
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

This jacket from F&F at Tesco is something which I picked up after kindly being given a gift voucher at their Christmas event. I was a little bit apprehensive at first as it seemed a little bit grown up (I'm still in denial about turning 23!), but it's an undoubted wardrobe classic. On Wednesday I teamed it with one of my favourite tops in the shape of this foil effect tee from River Island, but I know it's something which I'm going to really enjoy experimenting with styling, and I'll undoubtedly be taking a lot of inspiration from Chanel's Little Black Jacket project. You might remember that I blogged about my visit to the exhibition back in October, and I've recently put together a feature length article on it for Aesthetic Magazine. My copy of the latest issue arrived a few days ago, and it's definitely the best yet. I can't wait to settle down and read it with a piping hot cuppa (and the inevitable biscuit or two) over the Christmas break. If you haven't picked up your copy yet, then head on over to the online shop and make sure to grab one before they all go!

Are you investing in any wardrobe classics for 2013? And have you bought your copy of Aesthetic Magazine yet?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. That jacket is gorgeous, definitely a classic piece!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous outfit - love that modern tweed print! x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely love the style of that jacket, really like the idea of investing in these in the New Year.
    And of course I'll be ordering my copy of Aesthetic very soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very smart jacket! I'm hoping to pick some classics up in the reiss sale x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground