Pages

05.01.2013-What I Wore Today #88

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Whilst I'm still busy making my resolutions for this year, one thing which I'm definitely driven to do is to save some pennies. We all know that Christmas can be epically expensive, and with everything set to cost a little bit more from here on in, I'm determined to be more sensible with my spending. I didn't do too badly last year, preferring to save up for pieces which I was sure I'd get plenty of wear out of, as well as waiting for some of the bits and pieces which had featured in my must haves to be reduced. However, given that my wardrobe is slowly migrating onto the floor(!), I'm resolved that this year is going to be a pretty thrifty one as far as clothes are concerned- something which will hopefully encourage me to rediscover some old favourites. With this in mind, I was really eager to pick up some of the pieces which I'd had my eye on in the  sales, and my outfit from the end of this week featured a very savvy purchase from one of my favourite brands:

Blouse- Dahlia 
Jeans- Topshop 
Shoes- Topshop 

I'd been lusting after this blouse from Dahlia for a long while, and had come very close to buying it as a birthday treat to myself at the start of December. I'm so glad I held off for a few weeks though, as it was reduced to over half price in their sale after Christmas. It goes without saying that I adore the pearl detail collar, and the scalloped edging adds a really interesting element too. I can't wait to style it with lots of different pieces, but on Thursday it proved the perfect back to work outfit when teamed with my comfiest pair of jeans and basic black pumps.

Have you picked up any bargains in the sales? And what are your resolutions for 2013?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

11 comments:

  1. what a lovely blouse, I was very tempted by the Dahlia sale! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blouse. I think a lot of people are on a mission to save this year. Myself included!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing :) love your jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah your hair is simply stunning. It really is!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blouse! I've been saving for a while but I decided to double the amount I put in and try and save up for my own place. Feels a bit boring and sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shirt!! Looks gorgeous :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scalloped edge on the blouse. I'm also trying to save more money this year but sales shopping has got in the way of that a little this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blouse us gorgeous, I love the scalloped edge!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love that shirt! Gorgeous :)

    LT x
    http://promisestokeepbeforeisleep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground