Pages

10.01.2013- What I Wore Today #89

Thursday, 10 January 2013

After posting about my trouser suit purchase towards the end of last month, the combination of matching trousers and a jacket is quickly becoming a favourite for me. Whilst I love a pretty dress as much as the next person, sometimes wearing my favourites can get a little repetitive, and at this time of the year it's nice to wear something which doesn't involve a pair of black opaque tights! On Tuesday I was lucky enough to be invited along to the premiere of Cirque du Soleil's Kooza at the Royal Albert Hall (review coming soon!), so opted for an outfit featuring some of my most loved wardrobe staples and a new bargain purchase:

Jacket- ASOS
Blouse- Ted Baker via John Lewis
Trousers- Monki
Shoes- Topshop

This was an outfit which I put together on something of a whim, expecting that when I came round to wearing it it would look horrendous and I'd have to revert to something else instead. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how well the pieces worked together, and although this is definitely an outfit which leans towards the smarter side of my wardrobe, it's one which I felt really comfortable in. The combination of black and white is something which I think makes this a really classic outfit, and a really refreshing change from a lot of the more girly pieces I tend to reach for. The jacket and trousers are pieces which I've featured individually before, but the blouse from Ted Baker was a bargain purchase in the sales, reduced to half price. It's a real simple staple and something which I know I'll get a lot of wear out of. The bow tie detail is also the perfect finishing touch- and we all know that bow ties are cool, don't we?!

Have you put together any new outfits recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. I really love this outfit! The bow tie just sets it off to be honest! Looking forward to your Cirque du Soleil review. Ive always wanted to see a performance!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this outfit, you look so chic and you def remind me of Coco Chanel here!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing Sarah! love the bow tie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfits never fail to amaze me missy! I wish i could pull something like this off!

    Jade xxx

    http://dotty-dolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit, the jacket paired with the trousers looks amazing:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, this is by far one of my favourite outfits of yours! This kind of look is hard to pull off - most people can't - but this really suits you! Loving the Dr Who reference also x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is amazing, especially the bow tie! Hope you had a lovely time!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit looks amazing, I love the bow tie! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground