Pages

18.01.2013- What I Wore Today #91

Friday, 18 January 2013

Brr! I hope you're all keeping cosy and avoiding the snow! I for one am definitely ready to wave goodbye to winter, but it seems like we've got a little more chilly weather to endure before the sun (hopefully!) puts in an appearance. In an attempt to keep warm, over the last few days I've been wearing various jumpers teamed with my staple jeans, but but for a midweek break from this rather monotonous combination, I dug out a few wardrobe favourites:

Jumper- COS
Dress (worn as skirt)- ASOS
Tights- Marks & Spencer
Loafers- River Island

This printed dress from ASOS was something of an impulse purchase which I made towards the end of last year, and it's definitely something which I've been eager to get more wear out of. On Wednesday I teamed it with my staple navy knit from COS, which has proved a real investment since I snapped it up at the end of last summer. I really like how the dark jumper contrasts with the bright print of the dress, and of course I dug out my thickest pair of tights to keep as toasty as possible! Admittedly the loafers may not have been the most practical choice of footwear for negotiating frozen puddles(!), but they are surprisingly comfortable and are a pair which I'm quite guilty of forgetting about so they definitely deserved a chance to be worn!

Are you finding it difficult to dress for the cold weather? And have you rediscovered any old wardrobe favourites recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful dress, I really love the print!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress with the jumper, I have just been layering up so I look like the Michelin Man, haha!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to wear more of my dresses as skirts, this outfit looks great for winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. putting a jumper over a dress is such a good idea. I've got a black skater dress from New Look that I pop my joules jumper over. It's like having another layer on or a vest underneath the jumper. Good for the cold weather. I have no suitable shoes for this weather though. I only have pumps or boots with heels on.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground