Pages

21.01.2013- What I Wore Today #92

Monday, 21 January 2013

It's funny how getting older makes you see things differently, isn't it? When I was younger I used to adore the snow, and spent many a happy hour running around outside, making snowmen and aiming snowballs at my mum. However, at the grand old age of 23 I've come to dread the snow and all of the problems which it brings with it- from nightmare (or indeed non-existent!) train journeys to the prospect of negotiating increasingly slippery pavements with all the grace of an elephant on roller skates. My part of the world has seen a fair dusting of snow since the end of last week, and although I can't wait for it all to melt away (hopefully sooner rather than later!), there's no denying that it does present the perfect excuse to dig out some favourites from my winter wardrobe:

Coat- Lux by Sara & Aimee Berman (via Urban Outfitters)
Jeans- American Apparel
Blouse- Mint Vintage via ASOS Marketplace
Hat- Topshop
Mittens- Urban Outfitters
Wellies- my local garden centre!

If there's one thing which is essential in this weather, then it's a good coat. Whilst I've got quite an extensive collection as it is, when I saw this piece from the Lux by Sara & Aimee Berman range on the Urban Outfitters website at the start of the autumn, it rocketed to the top of my wishlist. However, at an eye-popping original price of £175, it was a tad too expensive to justify, but when it was reduced to £80 in the Urban Outfitters sale, I swiftly snapped it up. I adore the oversized fit, and the beautiful military inspired buttons add a real classic touch- plus it's the perfect replacement for a similar style which I've had for a few years and which has definitely seen better days. The blouse is a recent purchase from Mint Vintage, one of my new favourite online stores- definitely check them out on ASOS Marketplace or on their standalone site when you have a minute or two. Whilst you can't really see too much of it here, it's a piece which I'm sure I'll be featuring in more detail in weeks to come. My favourite jeans were combined with the obligatory hat and gloves here, and in weather like this, wellies really are the only way forward as far as footwear is concerned. I picked this pair up about five years ago from my local garden centre, and, although they spend the majority of their time tucked away in the shed, they're definitely a trusty pair of shoes to have around!

Have you been enjoying the snow? And which pieces are your winter staples?

Oh, and whilst I've got your attention, I've finally had the time to put together a Facebook page for the blog- if you've got a spare moment to head on over and give us a thumbs up then that would be grand!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Such a great look! I love everything about it!!! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! I am not a huge snow fan but it has made everywhere look pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same! In recent years I've not been able to enjoy the snow as I know it will mean horrible train journeys, and slush that will soon turn into ice. And ice is not fun. You're looking fabulous here! An example that just because it's freezing out, style doesn't have to take a back seat x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful coat- love the polka dot print peeking out too. I am so over the snow as well!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE that coat! it looks amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your coat so much :)
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore this outfit, the coat is beautiful and I love the hat!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground