Pages

27.01.2013- What I Wore Today #93

Sunday, 27 January 2013

If you follow me on Instagram (sarah_sentiment), you'll know that yesterday I was extremely over excited as I went back to Claridge's for afternoon tea! You might remember that I first went there last year, and after being glued to Inside Claridge's  towards the end of last year, a belated birthday celebration seemed like the perfect excuse to pop back for some finger sandwiches and scones. I also finally got round to visiting Hollywood Costume at the V&A- although it was extremely busy, it was lovely to have the chance to see some really iconic pieces firsthand, particularly dresses from Breakfast at Tiffany's and Gone With The Wind. And, although it's safe to say that my outfit from yesterday was nowhere near as glamorous as some of those on display in South Kensington, it did feature a few of my favourite post-Christmas purchases:

Coat- Lux by Sara & Aimee Berman (via Urban Outfitters)
Dress- ASOS
Tights- Marks and Spencer
Bag- Zara
Boots- Topshop

This dress was something of an impulse buy from ASOS a few weeks ago, but when it arrived I really liked it. The print instantly reminded me of spring, and I've been looking to add a splash of paisley to my wardrobe for a little while now, so this seemed like the perfect piece. The tunic shape is also really lovely, and it's something I'm sure I'll be wearing a lot more when the warmer weather arrives as I can see it becoming a real adaptable staple. Yesterday I teamed it with my new favourite coat and a recent addition to my handbag collection in the shape of this satchel from Zara. After featuring it in a must-haves post last year, you can imagine how excited I was when it made it into their end of season sale- at just under half price it was a bargain which was simply too good to resist! Finally, I don't usually talk much about tights, but if you're still feeling the cold then definitely treat yourself to a pair of 140 deniers from Marks and Spencer- they're fleeced lined and have been a real saviour for me during the recent chilly snap!

What have you been up to this weekend? And have you made any new season purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. So envious of your afternoon at Claridges! I love the print of this dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such a gorgeous dress, love the print! Claridges sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finger sandwiches and scones? I'm in!
    Love the outfit, your bag is gorgeous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! So jealous you went to Claridges...I really need to go!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress, such a pretty print!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I want to go to claridges for afternoon tea so bad. You look really lovely <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground