Pages

31.01.2013- What I Wore Today #94

Thursday, 31 January 2013

At the start of the year, I mentioned that I was determined to get more wear out of a lot of the pieces which are already in my wardrobe, and, now that we're at the end of January, I'm pretty pleased with how I've been getting on. The last few weeks have definitely been thrifty ones for me, and I've been getting a lot of wear out of some old favourites- and with the weather proving so chilly I've definitely been getting plenty of value for money from my knitwear collection! My outfit from the start of the week featured a combination of a few old favourites and a statement piece which I snapped up towards the end of last year- one which I was keen to feature in a more everyday look:

 Jacket- Warehouse (via ASOS)
Blouse- Topshop
Jeans- American Apparel
Shoes- Topshop

You might remember that this jacket formed a core component of my Christmas party outfit from last December, and it's a piece which I've been looking forward to styling differently ever since. Although the print can appear quite daunting at first, it's surprisingly easy to wear- much like printed trousers it's something which works really nicely with block colours. Styling it quite casually here, I teamed it with my Easy Jeans from American Apparel and a smock blouse from Topshop which is a real wardrobe favourite.
Have you had a thrifty January? And how are you styling your winter purchases?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. I love the jacket so much! definitely need to go thrifting soon!
    x

    http://lafoidanslamode.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blazer :) I really need to get my hand on some easy jeans !xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple smock with the pattern, very nice! I'm wearing my leopard print coat every day at the moment because I;m in love with it, don't wait t get warmer because I will have to put it away for next year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blouse! Anything white and lacy and I'm SOLD! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and nice post ;) I will be here more often, I'm your new follower. Don't forget to visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this jacket, such a pretty print!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love how you've styled everything together! it looks really fab

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need to start re-working more of my clothes. I love the blazer paired with the simple top. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a nice outfit *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground