Pages

09.02.2013- What I Wore Today #96

Saturday, 9 February 2013

One of the things about winter dressing which I find really tricky is figuring out how to co-ordinate comfortable (and most importantly, practical!) footwear with a lot of the pieces which I've already got in my wardrobe. Over the last few years, it's fair to say that I've amassed a quite frankly obscene collection of ballet pumps and loafers, but, as you might imagine, none of these lend themselves particularly well to negotiating puddles and icy pavements during the chillier months. So, with this in mind, I've been determined to track down some sturdy yet stylish boots, and pair I picked up recently came in particularly handy during the middle of the week:

Blouse- Dahlia
Jeans- Topshop
Boots- c/o Clothing at Tesco

Towards the end of last year, I posted about the tricky jeans/boots combination, and for sheer practicality alone it's become something of a style staple for me over the last few months. After treating myself to some Chelsea boots from Topshop just before my birthday, I was keen to pick up a similar style, and this pair from Clothing at Tesco fit the bill perfectly. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have already seen me professing my love for them- they are honestly the most comfortable pair of boots I think I've ever owned. The fact that they're brown rather than black also makes them a touch more versatile, meaning that I can team them with a lot of my existing wardrobe favourites, like I did here with my Topshop jeans and my beautiful Dahlia blouse. With more snowy weather on the horizon, I'm sure I'll be getting plenty more wear out of them!

What are your winter footwear staples?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. oh those boots look snazzy, I have issues with jeans + boots too, I like there to be a little gap between the two. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, the boots look lovely! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look lovely. I've been wearing my Doc's lately because of all the snow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look and ahh, everyone's been wearing those Chelsea boots and I'm majorly craving them now :)

    Love your outfit, and I think my winter staple is this large, wooly grandpa cardigan I have and my over-worn combat-ish boots haha.

    -Rose

    rose-et-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sazzle fazzle your hair looks lush!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blouse and those boots are amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. those boots are lovely, can't believe they're tesco! xxx

    www.roaringtwentiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scalloped edge on this blouse and I never would have thought that the boots were from Tesco! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have problems with my jeans and boots too! I never know whether to tuck them in or to fold them up ...

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground