Pages

19.02.2013- What I Wore Today #99

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

As I've posted about several times before, when it comes to day-to-day dressing, I don't tend to get much more adventurous than jeans and a blouse. For me, it's a fairly failsafe combination which I know I'll be comfortable in and which sits nicely between smart and casual- perfect for work without feeling too formal. Over the last few months, I've been layering some of my favourite blouses underneath a rotation of knitwear, but with the weather feeling a bit warmer towards the end of last week, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to get some wear out of a new spring purchase: 

Blouse- Topshop 
Jacket- Zara 
Jeans- Topshop 
Shoes- Topshop 

You might remember that I featured this blouse in my Haim style post last month, and since then I'd been looking for an excuse to snap it up. With a couple of last minute sale pieces in my shopping bag, it would have been rude not to add this- especially as it's something which I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of once the summer arrives. I'm not that sure that it helps me to capture a slice of the effortless Haim style which I posted about in any way, shape or form(!), but teamed with skinny jeans and one of my favourite jackets from Zara, this was my attempt at adding a little touch of rock and roll style to my everyday wardrobe. 

Which pieces are your everyday wardrobe staples? And have you picked up any new spring pieces recently? 

P.S Don't forget to enter my House of Holland giveaway!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Love your jacket - this look is so chic!

    Be great if you could check out my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    And also my latest outfitr post feat a contrast sleeve leather jacket

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blouse on you, can't wait to see how you style it when it (finally!) warms up!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground