Pages

22.02.2013- What I Wore Today #100

Friday, 22 February 2013

I don't know about you, but I always love looking to the past for fashion inspiration. Whilst I'm not a real vintage aficionado, over the last few years I have managed to snap up some lovely vintage pieces which I really enjoy wearing, and I also love trying to capture a little bit of vintage style in my favorite high street and online purchases. Last weekend, I was lucky enough to pop down to Brighton to visit the Biba and Beyond: Barbara Hulanicki exhibition which is currently running at the Brighton Museum and Gallery (post coming soon!), and so it seemed like the perfect excuse to get some wear out of one of my favourite vintage inspired purchases: 

Coat- ASOS
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- F&F at Tesco

I picked up this coat towards the end of last year in the ASOS sale, and have been eagerly anticipating the warmer weather so that I'd finally have the chance to wear it. It's quite thin, but an ideal transitional piece and the perfect nod to retro style with the swing shape and the contrasting collar detail. Teamed with jeans and a jumper to keep the chilly wind at bay, this type of outfit is something which I'm sure will become a real staple as we finally wave goodbye to the winter. The bag is another recent purchase- but one which is comparatively guilt free as it was a real bargain from F&F at Tesco, costing only £12! Definitely a buy which I could rationalise- especially as it looks so similar to a lot of the more expensive, high end styles which I've been trying (and failing!) to save up for for ages!

Do you search for style inspiration from the past? And what has been your most purse friendly purchase recently? 

There's only one day left to enter my House of Holland giveaway!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. YO YO YO lets GO GO GO to the burbz SHOW SHOW SHOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that coat too, can't wait to bust it out again when it gets warmer!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this coat, especially with your hair styled that way it has a great 60s vibe =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coat, it's adorable!:) Lovely outfit!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the coat, so cute and girlie! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your coat is so cute! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This coat is amazing! I can never find things this good in the sales!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This coat is gorgeous, love the pink trimming on it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground