Pages

24.02.2013- What I Wore Today #101

Sunday, 24 February 2013

As I mentioned in my last outfit post, I love picking up style inspiration from the past. Over the last few weeks, I've become more than a little bit addicted to BBC2's Dancing on the Edge, and in particular the beautiful 1930s costumes which capture the effortless elegance of the era so perfectly- most notably floor length gowns, embroidered blouses and high waisted trousers. In an attempt to inject a touch of 1930s style into my day-to-day outfits, this week I've rediscovered some of my favourite blouses and tailored trousers, with my outfit from the middle of last week also featuring a rather modern trendy twist: 

Jumper- J.W. Anderson for Topshop 
Trousers- Monki 
Shoes- Topshop 

Whilst this is about as glamorous as my work wear gets, sometimes it does make a nice change to take a break from wearing jeans. The jumper is (of course!) a rather recent purchase from J.W. Anderson's latest collection for Topshop, and was something I added to the top of my wishlist after seeing a post on the collection over at Aesthetic Online a few weeks ago. Whilst it was a tricky choice between this Mustang design and the Dodo, the car won out- especially as it's probably the closest I'll ever get to replicating some Steve McQueen cool! It's also something which is really easy to team with a lot of other pieces which I have in my wardrobe, so is something which I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of wear out of. Here I opted to team it with a favourite pair of trousers from Monki, which are perfect for trying to evoke a more vintage inspired silhouette.

Is there any particular era which influences your outfit choices?

(Image credit, Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. I love how you've style those trousers - they are fab by the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit - you look amazing in trousers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE this outfit, your trousers are especially gorgeous!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah your outfits are getting better by the day! I love them all!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely outfit. I adore those trousers :)

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! Reminds me if an early Coco Chanel! xx


    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, your style is so great! Please keep it up I can't wait to see more :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground