Pages

01.03.2013- What I Wore Today #103

Friday, 1 March 2013

Whilst my everyday dressing isn't usually all that experimental, sometimes it makes a nice change to have a reason to get a bit dressed up. At the start of the week I was lucky enough to be invited along to the launch of the new Sister Jane shop on Portobello Road (post to follow soon!), which also provided the perfect excuse for an impromptu burger date with Aisling, Sophie and Lily. If you're a regular reader, then you'll know that I'm a massive fan of Sister Jane, so the event on Tuesday evening seemed like the perfect excuse to dig out one of my favourite designs from them and team it with a new purchase: 

 Blouse (worn under dress): Sister Jane (via ASOS)
Dress: ASOS 
Tights: Marks and Spencer 
Shoes: Topshop 

This blouse has featured in many an outfit post, and is probably one of the most worn things in my wardrobe. Whilst it's a lovely standalone piece, the embellished collar detail also makes it perfect for layering- whether under chunky knit or under a dress as I styled it here. This dress from ASOS is a fairly recent addition to my wardrobe, added to my basket on a whim as a rainy day pick-me-up. Needless to say, when it arrived I was smitten- the oversized fit makes it really comfortable and easy to wear (not to mention perfect for hiding a burger belly!), and the batwing sleeves also add a really interesting dimension. It's definitely a piece which I can see becoming a real classic, and I'm now super tempted to pick it up in navy too!

Also, I finally got round to having my haircut-hooray! I'd forgotten how nice it feels not to spend half an hour wrestling with a blow dryer in the mornings!

Have you picked up any new wardrobe favourites recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. lovely outfit, i need a haircut too.. it's getting out of hand! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sister Jane too though it is a bit pricey! Love the cute collar peaking out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very chic, I need to invest in a good blouse to wear under jumpers and dresses. I've been wearing my maroon skater skirt constantly, need to get the spring colours out I think x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely here, I want a dress like this lo layer up with pretty collars!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit. It was great to catch-up and see the new Sister Jane store. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground