Pages

03.03.2013- NARS 'And God Created The Woman' Palette

Sunday, 3 March 2013

When it comes to eyeshadow (and any makeup in general really!), truth be told I'm not all that adventurous. Having recently ventured into the world of the bold red lip, I've been reaching for a selection of neutral shades, with a tiny splash of Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in Fantasme and Emerville just to add a little more luminosity. With spring just around the corner, I'm definitely going to be putting my bolder lipsticks on the back burner in favour of a more subtle, fuss free look- so when payday rolled around I treated myself to an indispensable spring makeup bag addition in the shape of the 'And God Created The Woman' palette by NARS:

Shades, from top left across and down: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut Grove and Night Clubbing.
Having seen this palette on a few blogs and the Space NK website over the last few weeks, I'd convinced myself that no matter how pretty it was, I definitely didn't need another eyeshadow set, and especially not another one made up entirely of neutrals. Somewhat typically though, it was the first thing on my mind when I got paid, so I threw caution to the wind and bought it, justifying it as a treat to myself for getting through a pretty stressful month. Alongside the six individual eyeshadows, the palette comes with a brush and a primer, so is actually really fantastic value for money, especially considering the variety of looks which you can create with different colour combinations.

Alhambra is a beautiful pinky champagne with just a hint of shimmer, ideal as a brightening base for a subtle everyday look. Bellisima is a matte greyish taupe which works really nicely to define the eye at the socket and corner, as well as on the lower lash line, and Kalahari is a wonderfully warm browny copper with a really reflective finish- my pick of the bunch. Galapagos is a deeper brown with flecks of sparkle throughout- the perfect day-to-night tone. Another matte shade comes in the shape of Coconut Grove, a deeper grey brown which is really easy to build for a subtle smoky eye, especially when teamed with Night Clubbing, a deep black flecked with gold shimmer- definitely a shade which does what it says on the tin!

Compared with a lot of the other neutral shades which comprise my eyeshadow collection, this is a palette which is leagues ahead of the rest. Each of the colours applies beautifully, and the pigmentation of each is great, unlike Urban Decay's Naked Palettes which I find I have to be quite heavy handed with in order to get anything like a decent colour payoff. The Naked 2 Palette in particular I find really chalky and difficult to apply, but thankfully there's none of that here, with each of the six colours gliding on beautifully and leaving very little dust residue in the pan. The primer is hands down the best one I've ever used, keeping everything perfectly in place and surviving intact throughout the course of the day (and, in my case, the most cramped of Tube journeys!)

If you're a neutral lover and are looking for a real one-stop-shop palette, then this is definitely it. I'm already contemplating re-purchasing for when this one runs out!

Have you tried the And God Created The Woman Palette? Are you a fan?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. This looks lovely. I haven't worn eyeshadow in such a long time but these look like the perfect shades. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds incredible, I blame you when I finally succumb to temptation!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super review! This looks like my ideal palette- maybe I should splash out and treat myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground