Pages

06.04.2013- What I Wore Today #109

Friday, 5 April 2013

I feel like a bit of broken record by starting off yet another post with a rant about the weather, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's still ludicrously cold outside! I can't quite believe that it's April and we've still got snow, but, after becoming more than a little bit addicted to Game of Thrones in recent weeks, the phrase 'winter is coming' has scarcesly seemed so appropriate! However, I'm determined not to let the cold get the better of me, so have once again been adapting some of my spring purchases for the uncharacteristically chilly weather. Continuing with the distinctly patterned pieces which I've picked up over the last few weeks, my outfit from yesterday featured another Celia Birtwell shaped favourite:
 
 Jacket- ASOS
Dress- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo
Tights- Marks and Spencer
Shoes- Topshop
 
This dress from Celia Birtwell's collaboration with Uniqlo is another of the pieces which I rather hastily snapped up when the collection launched a few weeks ago, and I was sure that the weather would have improved enough by now for me to be able to style it for the spring. Alas, my theory was proved wrong, so for the time being I've been wearing it with the thickest pair of tights I own (thank heaven for M&S and their fleece-lined ones!), as well as layering it under knits and with some of my staple  jackets. The dress is definitely one of my favourite buys of the year so far, and is a really versatile piece which I know I'll get so much wear out of as the weather warms up (and inevitably turns cold again!)
 
Have you picked up any new spring purchases? And did you manage to get your hands on anything from the Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo range?
 
(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)
 

7 comments:

  1. I really wanted to get my hands on one of these dresses, I might still do so, you look lovely in it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore that dress with the blazer you are wearing! you have such pretty long locks too!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove that dress, wonder if they have any left...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute outfit, love the dress with the blazer. I've just hopped onto the Uniqlo website to check out the Celia Birtwell range and I've already spotted a million things I want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is lovely on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, love the look, you can't go wrong with a lovely blazer like that over the top either

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground