Pages

10.04.2013- What I Wore Today #110

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Whilst it's still not 100% springlike outside, it has been lovely to see at least a little bit of the sun over the last few days. Given that the winter has seemed to go on forever, I'm ultra-determined to make the most of the nice weather this year, so with a sunny weekend in prospect, last Saturday I became a bit of a tourist in my own city and decided to enjoy a lovely scenic walk around London town (as well as an impromptu picnic in St. James's Park!) The weekend also provided the perfect excuse to debut some new season wardrobe favourites: 

 Coat- Lux by Sara & Aimee Berman at Urban Outfitters
Blouse- c/o Laura Ashley
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley
Bag- c/o Laura Ashley
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Vintage

You might remember my post from last year all about Laura Ashley's wonderful blog anniversary party, so when they got in touch a few weeks ago asking whether I'd like to put together a guest post for them, I jumped at the chance. Not only is the brand one of my favourites (if you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I've got an unhealthy obsession with their homeware!), but having been unable to attend their SS13 Press Day at the last minute last November I was really eager to get to grips with their new season collections in more detail. Their blog is also one of my favourites (if you're not familiar with it, then it's definitely one to bookmark!), and I'm forever looking at their new posts for ideas about things to do, places to visit and how to style their ranges. I featured this blouse in my SS13 round up a few weeks ago, and it's definitely something which I think will prove a real spring staple. I love the intricacy of the print, and the collar detail makes it perfect for styling in lots of different ways. I've posted before about my (seemingly endless!) search for the perfect pair of jeans, and this black straight leg pair are my new favourites. They're really well cut, and are super comfortable- definitely a welcome addition to my collection of wardrobe basics! Finally, the bag is another new season essential which I know I'll get so much use out of, particularly as it's the perfect size for all of my day-to-day essentials- needless to say it's already been adopted as my designated work handbag!

You can read my guest post for the Laura Ashley blog here.

What do you think of Laura Ashley's new season pieces? And did you enjoy the brief burst of sunshine over the weekend?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. I love you coat and the bag! Very classic!

    http://norwegianelephant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post over on the LA blog :) I loved the sunshine, I had a coffee and cake outside. I hope it's the same this weekend when I'm in Southampton xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking absolutely gorgeous in Laura Ashley Sarah!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, Laura Ashley really are knocking out out of the park at the moment!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that blouse is gorgeous, love the print! Love the sunnies too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree LA homeware is so nice! If I could I'd purchase so much stuff! Love the printed shirt! :-)

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground