Pages

12.04.2013- What I Wore Today #111

Friday, 12 April 2013

As I mentioned in my last outfit post, the appearance of the sun has been very welcome- even if those pesky April showers are now doing their best to interrupt the arrival of spring! I'm always drawn to bolder colours and vivid prints when the weather is bright, so it's been lovely to rediscover some old favourites and finally get to wear some new season pieces over the last couple of days. With this in mind, my outfit from the start of the week incorporated a very vibrant recent purchase- one which has been stashed away in my wardrobe since the start of the winter:

Blouse- Mint Vintage (via ASOS Marketplace)
Jeans- American Apparel
Shoes- Topshop

You might remember that I posted about Mint Vintage when the weather was distinctly more Arctic (!), and this beautiful blouse from their handpicked selection of vintage gems is something which I've been longing to wear but have been reluctant to just because it's been so chilly. However, with a hint of sunny skies at the start of the week, I finally had the opportunity to give it an airing- and I'm so happy I did as it's rapidly become one of my new favourites. Red isn't ordinarily one of my go-to colours, but this shade is the perfect antidote to the majority of greys and blues which have made up my staple winter outfits, and the scalloped hem adds a really pretty finish. It's also a piece which is perfect for teaming with my high waisted jeans from American Apparel, although I'm sure it's something which I'm going to really enjoy styling in lots of different ways as spring progresses. 

Have you rediscovered any forgotten pieces in your wardrobe recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. oooh such a lovely blouse, would look nice tucked into a circle skirt too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love red on you Sarah you saucy minx! Looking hawt!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground