Pages

15.04.2013- What I Wore Today #112

Monday, 15 April 2013

I don't want to jinx things this early in the game, but (whisper it) I looks like spring has finally arrived! Although the weekend got off to a rather soggy start (more on that later in the week!), yesterday we finally got a day of glorious sunshine and not too shabby temperatures- very welcome considering that they've been such a long time coming! As I mentioned in my last post, seeing a little hint of sunshine is just the spur I need to inject a burst of colour into my wardrobe, and a few of my recent purchases have been distinctly bolder than usual (anything to try and banish the prolonged wintery spell if you ask me!) My outfit from the middle of last week featured one of my favourite new pieces: 
Blouse- Topshop 
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley 
Shoes- Topshop 

You might remember that I featured a handful of neon pieces in my SS13 round up, but truth be told it was a trend which I was a bit dubious about tapping in to- after all, the last time I got experimental with neon was probably when I coloured my nails in with highlighter pen at school(!) Having said that, when I saw this blouse from Topshop a few weeks ago, it seemed like an ideal step towards adding a touch of trendiness to my new season wardrobe, so I snapped it up along with a few other pay day purchases. When I tried it on, I was really pleasantly surprised- and amazed at how much more energised I felt wearing such a vibrant colour. Although the bold pink might seem quite shocking at first, it's definitely something which I think works really well with block colour basics- found here in the shape of my new favourite jeans from Laura Ashley and staple ballet flats. It's also a piece which feels quite modern, so I'm sure I'll be experimenting with how to style in throughout the coming season and beyond. And yes- I'm already contemplating my next neon purchase! 

Have you been tempted to try the neon trend?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Love love love this blouse! Its so bright! Bring on the sunshine! Im tempted to dable in a bit of neon, its just finding the right piece for me!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please pleaaaase let it be spring! i love the little colour pop here - i like neon but i'm not very brave so it normally ends up as a beanie to hit a nod towards the trend. you look lovely! xx

    www.roaringtwentiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of this top. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, you really suit pink!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground