Pages

19.04.2013- What I Wore Today #113

Friday, 19 April 2013

Whilst the weather has definitely taken a turn for the better over the last couple of days, there's still the inevitable April shower to contend with, making a sturdy umbrella something of a must-have accessory at the moment. Having waited for a really long time to see the sunshine, at the weekend I was determined to make the most of the sunny spells and get some wear out of some spring essentials, popping along to the Dior at Harrods exhibition (if you didn't get the chance to go then have a peek at my Instagram- suffice it to say I got a bit snap happy!) before paying a visit to the theatre to see Peter & Alice. I should have guessed that the great British weather wouldn't be all that co-operative, as I got drenched on the way home, but after such a long and gloomy winter, I'm now more determined than ever to make the most of any hint of sunshine we get (however fleeting it may be!):

Trench Coat- Topshop 
Dress- ASOS 
Shoes- c/o Next 
Bag- River Island 

Firstly, I'd like to dedicate this post to ASOS who seem to be doing a very successful job in encouraging me to part with my pennies at the moment! It's fair to say that I'm head over heels in love with the majority of their new season collection, and this dress is a recent purchase which couldn't be more perfect. Not only is it in my staple colour combination of navy and white, but I love the collar detail, and the relaxed shape lends a really effortless feel to something which I'm sure will become a real staple piece. Talking of staples, I've had this trench coat from Topshop for absolutely ages now, but it's a transitional essential which I return to year after year, and probably one of the best cost-per-wear investments I've ever made. Teamed with some of my favourite shoes in the shape of my silver brogues from Next and an old bag from River Island which I re-discovered during a spring wardrobe clear-out, this outfit was very much a marriage of the old and the new, and was complete with umbrella for most of Saturday afternoon!

Do you like styling new purchases with old wardrobe essentials? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Love that dress, might hunt it down now. M&S have a lovely coat just like that at the moment for £39.99 and I can't wait until payday so I can get it, really is a classic look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you got to see Peter and Alice! Lovely outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit, gutted i missed the dior exhibition! your shoes are so cute! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you've styled the dress with the white shirt underneath!

    Love
    Grace X

    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a really lovely day despite the rain making an appearance at the end!

    Your outfit is wonderful and by the looks of things your asos dress is too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is so stupid this time of year!

    You look great. We don't have asos in the states, but the seem to have cool stuff!

    I always mix my vintage and new stuff. It keeps me from looking like I'm a character in a 1950s play lol

    Mabel
    Mabel Cooks

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground