Pages

21.04.2013- What I Wore Today #114

Sunday, 21 April 2013

If there's one certainty in life, it's that the arrival of spring is seriously bad news for my bank balance. The prospect of enjoying sunny days, longer evenings and warmer weather means I'm more tempted than usual to splash out on some new pieces, and, after living in the same selection of jumpers for the duration of winter, I think we're all more than entitled to splash out on some new season purchases to celebrate finally seeing the sunshine, don't you? In my last post I mentioned my burgeoning addiction to ASOS and their SS13 pieces, and after placing a payday (and tax-rebate day!) order a little while ago, I've finally been able to get some wear out of the bounty of bits which I treated myself to, with my outfit from the middle from the week featuring one such purchase:

 Jacket- Zara
Dress- ASOS
Belt- Vintage
Shoes- River Island

This dress was something I'd been undecided about but couldn't quite get out of my head, so I took the plunge and added it to my basket to finally settle whether we were destined to be together or not. Surprise surprise, when it arrived, all thoughts of returning it hastily vanished from my mind, and although it's not the type of style I'd usually go for, it's a welcome change from the floral frocks which are gradually taking up more and more space in my wardrobe. Much like the fitted wallpaper print dress which I picked up towards the end of last year, this something which I know I'll really enjoy styling in lots of different ways, and it's a really nice alternative to a lot of other well-worn favourites. Here I added a vintage belt, one of my favourite jackets from Zara and some loafers- and as much as I wanted to abandon the opaque tights until the winter, it's still a little bit too chilly to say au revior to them at the moment!

Have you treated yourself to any new season splurges recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. I love the print on this! I can never get my head round the amount of dresses they have on the Asos website- it's too much for me to handle! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the print! would look nice with some chunky heeled boots too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print on this dress. So jealous that you're tall and can wear things this length. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is gorgeous, I love the colour combination!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground