Pages

23.04.2013- What's In My Makeup Bag- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

When it comes to makeup, I've already admitted that I'm something of a novice, but as far as foundation is concerned, I'm an out and out beginner. In all honesty, it's a product I've never felt the need to use, and given that my skin is naturally quite oily (as well as being very breakout prone!), I've been reluctant to clog my pores with layer after layer of product just for the sake of it. Having said that, after starting to commute into central London every day for work when I got a new job last October, I noticed that my skin had become a lot duller, and with the colder weather in full effect, my face definitely needed an extra layer of protection. After seeking advice from the queen of all things beauty-related (aka my best buddy Sarah from City Girl's Fashion Box!), and doing a fair bit of research online, I eventually settled on a product which would do everything I needed and more- not a full foundation, but the much praised Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer:



After paying a visit to the lovely ladies at the Laura Mercier concession in Sloane Square's Peter Jones on a suitably chilly January day,  I was colour matched and shown a selection of the products which would work with my skin tone and type. They recommended that I opt for the oil free option (perfect given my worries about breakouts), with added SPF 20 and matched me perfectly to the Porcelain shade. Having been a whiter shade of pale since I was a baby, I wasn't surprised that I needed the lightest colour choice on offer, and after all I wasn't looking for a product which would change my natural skin tone (or leave me at risk of resembling an Oompa Loompa!)- more something to act as another defense for my skin against the weather and the other environmental factors which it had been bombarded with. With this in mind, the added SPF is a huge bonus, especially as we head towards the summer and the strength of the sun increases. As far as coverage goes, it offers exactly what I wanted, being just light enough to hide any blemishes and conceal dark circles, and with a really seamless finish which works really well with my overall complexion. I've been using it for a good few months now and I'll definitely be repurchasing when it runs out!

Have you tried Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser? If so what do you think?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the LM tinted moisturiser for a while but I already don't get enough use out of my silk creme foundation which is lovely fyi. I only have a few LM product but I completely blame Sandiford for making me buy them, saying that they are all lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this particular tinted moisturiser but I swear by MAC's version. It's all I really need, I don't do foundation. I'm useless when it comes to make up. Might investigate this one next time I'm shopping, it sounds really good. My MAC one is about to run out pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many good things about this product. I've tried tinted moisturisers in the past but they have left me oily and orange - not a good look. This one sounds like a winner though! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground