Pages

26.04.2013- What I Wore Today #116

Friday, 26 April 2013

Well, I think it's safe to say that spring has definitely arrived! With the weather looking so bright, I've at long last been able to get some wear out of some new season pieces- in particular those which I snapped up from the Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo collaboration which launched at the end of last month. I've mentioned before that the pieces which I'd picked up were perfect for spring, but up until recently I'd been teaming printed dresses with opaque tights and bold blouses with knits purely because of the chilly weather . However, at the weekend, we were finally blessed with some beautiful sunshine, so I jumped at the chance to get some wear out of a suitably summery combination:

Jacket- Zara
Blouse- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo
Trousers- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo
Bag- c/o Laura Ashley
Shoes- Topshop

When the Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo launched, this combination was one which particularly caught my eye, but was something I wasn't too sure I'd be able to get away with. Don't get me wrong, I love a snazzy print as much as the next girl, but I was a little dubious about wearing the look top-to-toe. However, the trousers are so comfortable and perfect for the warmer weather, and I promised myself at the start of the year that I'd be more fearless in my fashion choices, so last Saturday I threw caution to the wind, teaming the trousers and the blouse together for the first time. Despite my mum remarking that I looked like I was wearing my pyjamas (no bad thing there if you ask me!), it's definitely a combination which I can see myself getting more wear out of as we inch closer towards the summer.
 
Have you been enjoying the sunny weather? 

 (Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. I loved soooo much from her range. Love the outfit, the trousers especially. It looks really sunny outside. Wish I wasn't so ill to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print together you little minx!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the clashing prints! And these snaps in the sunshine are so sweet. Patterned trousers are seriously covetable aren't they? They're so easy to wear, though my boyf did mistake mine for pj bottoms last week haha ♥ Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah you are pulling this outfit off in tremendous style. I'm wearing my CB trousers on my blog today as well haha. Reading the first sentence made me laugh, I thought spring had arrived but when I left the house this morning it was pouring it down with rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing, head to toe print is the way to go!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground