Pages

07.05.2013- What I Wore Today #119

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Now that the weather has finally perked up (wasn't yesterday lovely?!), I'm really enjoying getting some wear out of the pieces which have been sitting neglected in my wardrobe waiting for even the briefest glimmer of sunshine to appear. Although at times it felt like the winter would never disappear, since the end of last year I've been pretty optimistic with my shopping- infinitely preferring to pick up pieces which I could look forward to wearing rather than splashing out on more practical purchases (such as of the mountain of knitwear which has slowly but surely taken over about 50% of my wardrobe space since last October!) Anyway, regular readers will know that I'll always prefer pretty prints and bright colours over bleak autumnal basics, and at the end of last week I was finally able to get some more wear out something suitably sunny:

Top- Topshop
Trousers- c/o Next
Shoes- Topshop

You might remember this pair of printed trousers from a post which I put together last December, but since then they've been languishing in my wardrobe waiting for the warmer weather. With temperatures now well out of the frozen vicinity, last week seemed like the perfect opportunity to give them a second airing- and I'm sure they'll become a real new season essential for me over the weeks and months to come. Here I styled them simply with some block colour staples from Topshop- proving that, as I mentioned in my last outfit post, I'm resolved to get a lot more wear out of some simple favourites for the time being. 

Have you been enjoying the sunshine?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. I love the print on that trouser! So pretty!

    xo runbarbierun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love these trousers and the top is fab with them!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always have such cool patterned trousers!! Love these x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these trousers. Is it bad/wrong that I don't own any at all? I feel that needs to change! I love how you can just throw on a simple top with it and the outfit looks so 'together' the trousers just do it for you! - Great for me when I struggle to find things to wear to work every morning!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the print, would look so nice with a white strappy top on holidays too x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground