Pages

10.05.2013- What I Wore Today #120

Friday, 10 May 2013

As I mentioned a little while ago, I'm definitely veering more towards good quality minimalist pieces at the moment, investing my pennies wisely rather than frittering them away on frivolous purchases. I'm a firm believer in the power of wardrobe basics, and have found myself increasingly reluctant to tap into trends (with the exception of my much-loved neon purchase from Topshop, of course!), preferring instead to keep things simple with my favourite pieces and things which I know are going to last season after season. One of the brilliant things about this is that it encourages you to be a bit more creative with your combinations, and gives you the opportunity to tackle trends with some existing favourites, as I did last Saturday: 

 
Jacket- Zara
Blouse- Topshop
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley
Bag- c/o Laura Ashley
Shoes- Topshop

First and foremost- what an amazing backdrop! Over the weekend my mum and I went down to Arundel, spending a lovely day exploring the castle and some old haunts- my grandparents lived in the town for well over 30 years, so it's a place which is full of wonderful childhood memories for me. It was so relaxing to be back amongst some of my favourite scenery, and the not so discreet history nerd which I try (and usually fail!) to hide was well at home amongst such an amazing collection of stories, artefacts and take-your-breath-away moments (exploring the very high castle keep being one of them!) Anyway, having left the house in a bit of a rush (if dashing to the train station was an Olympic sport then I'm pretty sure I'd win a gold medal!), I instinctively reached for some of my favourite basic pieces, namely my much loved jacket from Zara and Laura Ashley jeans. In teaming them with this white blouse from Topshop I may have inadvertently tapped into a touch of the monochrome trend too- not bad for getting dressed in five minutes flat!

Did you get up to anything special over the Bank Holiday weekend? And are you leaning towards wardrobe basics at the moment too?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. such a lovely outfit! love your top ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved your blog for so long and always thought we would be good friends. Then seeing you post this about Arundel and loving history made me even more sure. I live near Arundel and it is so beautiful! Love your blog, keep doing what you are doing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground