Pages

15.05.2013- What I Wore Today #121

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Going back to wardrobe basics can definitely prove something of a challenge, but it's also something which is perfect for refreshing your day to day outfits- ideal if you're feeling a little bit stuck in a style rut. In my last couple of posts, I've mentioned that I've been leaning towards simpler, more minimalist pieces, and switching up a lot of my existing wardrobe favourites is something which has not only allowed me to rediscover some older pieces, but also a few things which have (shamefully!) been sitting unworn in my wardrobe since the day of purchase! Buying and then promptly neglecting pieces isn't a crime which I'm usually guilty of, but having had a good sort out a few weeks ago I did stumble upon a few things which I'd forgotten- and have since been making a concerted effort to work them into my day to day wardrobe:

Blouse- Zara
Trousers- c/o Clothing at Tesco
Shoes- Topshop

First and foremost, can we just take a moment to appreciate how lovely this blouse is??! After an impromptu shopping trip to Zara with Sarah last week, I snapped it up and it's definitely a new favourite. The colour isn't something which I'd ordinarily opt for, but it's a really refreshing addition to my wardrobe and works really nicely with contrasting shades. Here I teamed it with a simple pair of black trousers from F&F at Tesco which I picked up after attending their last press day- and I can't quite believe it's taken me so long to get round to wearing them! Not only are they really comfortable, but they're the perfect style for everyday and ideal for teaming with a lot of my favourite blouses- expect to see a lot more of them in future posts!

Have you picked up any new pieces recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. This colour looked gorgeous on you last night!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blouse is lovely, I adore the colour on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blouse. Zara always have such beautiful things!

    www.rouge-jazz.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shade of green is so nice on you :) I love clothes shopping at Tesco too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blouse - such a great colour! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground