Pages

28.05.2013- What I Wore Today #123

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Last week, with a couple of days off of work at my disposal (aren't those days always the best?!), I made the most of my free time by catching up with friends and also popping along to a few London haunts which I'd been meaning to visit for a while. If you follow me on Instagram, then you'll have seen that I made friends with some butterflies at the Natural History Museum, as well as making a long overdue trip to Somerset House. The last time I was there was for the Tim Walker exhibition back in October, and on this occasion it was for the Blumenfeld Studio installation. I've posted all about it over at Aesthetic Online, so do head on over and have a read. For a relaxed day spent mooching around town (and making a detour via Borough Market!), I put together a casual outfit which incorporated one of my favourite new purchases:

Sweatshirt- Whistles
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- c/o Laura Ashley

My love for Whistles continues to know no bounds. I spotted this sweatshirt online a few months ago, but, as it so often the case now, it sold out everywhere before I had the chance to snap it up. After scouring the shops and browsing online in the hope that I'd be able to get my hands on one, I dropped Whistles an email to ask them if they could help me to track one down- to which they replied that it had indeed proved extremely popular but that they would be re-issuing it at the end of May. Hooray! Thanking my lucky stars (and the amazing customer service), I saved my pennies and, low and behold, last week it reappeared! Added to my basket faster than Usain Bolt running the 100m, it arrived a couple of days later and it was definitely worth waiting for. As a casual staple, it's pretty much perfect, and the slogan on the front adds a really cool touch, making it much more than just a sweatshirt. Here I teamed it with some basic jeans, flats and my much loved bag from Laura Ashley for a relaxed daytime look.

Are you a fan of Whistles? And how did you spend your weekend?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Sarah you little fittie! You don't put a style foot wrong!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This jumper is divine, I love Whistles stuff!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Whistles and have pickewd up a few of their lace dresses in the sales. I really want that electric blue dress they have at the moment but it's a tad out if my price range sadly. Love this jumper, chic yet casual.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground