Pages

29.05.2013- What I Wore Today #124: The Westfield Style Me, Style You Challenge

Wednesday, 29 May 2013

One of the things which I love about blogging is picking up some style inspiration from my favourite bloggers. Seeing how other people put together outfits and embrace tricky trends is always really interesting and has definitely encouraged me to get more adventurous with my wardrobe choices, so you can only imagine how excited I was when Westfield London got in touch to introduce a very special shopping project. As part of their Style Me, Style You challenge, the lovely Tanya from Fashion Knows No Limits and I were each given a £75 Westfield London gift card to spend on styling each other, picking out pieces that we wouldn't ordinarily wear and embracing some of SS13's key trends at the same time. Tanya is one of my ultimate style crushes- I love how she makes a really high fashion feel work for everyday and isn't afraid to tackle trends head on. Her outfit posts are always some of my favourites to read, and I adore the her killer accessorising, so when Westfield paired us up I couldn't have been happier. To read about the outfit which I put together for Tanya, pop on over to her blog- and definitely add Fashion Knows No Limits to your reading list if you're not already a follower! Here's a look at the outfit which Tanya styled for me:

 Blouse- American Apparel (c/o Westfield London)
Sunglasses- Topshop (c/o Westfield London)
Necklace- Next (c/o Westfield London)
Watch- Olivia Burton
Leggings- Topshop
Pumps- Topshop

To say that I love this look is an understatement! The shirt from American Apparel is a little bit bolder than a lot of the pieces which I've been wearing recently, and Tanya decided that the jazzy purple print would be the perfect addition to my spring wardrobe. The oversized shirt isn't a piece which I'm overly familiar with either, so it was lovely to discover something which is really easy to wear but which can also be dressed up or down for different occasions. As I've already mentioned, Tanya's expert accessorising (see here!) is something which I love, so I was really happy when she picked out some bold spring/summer staples for me in the shape of these cat eye sunglasses from Topshop and this incredible statement necklace from Next. As well as working really well together, these are pieces which I know I'll really enjoy mixing up with a lot of my wardrobe favourites too.

A big thank you to Isa, Westfield London and to Tanya for putting together such a fab outfit!

Do you like styling your friends? And are there any trends which you've been inspired to tackle by other bloggers?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Tanya did good Sarah you look fierce! Love that print on you!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sunglasses are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit that Tanya picked for you, the shirt is lovely for summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely here, I adore the purple on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning outfit! And lovely lovely photographs, a perfect backdrop for that shirt!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top and the necklace! It is all so pretty. The glasses look so cool and retro. :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground