Pages

11.06.2013- Accents & Accessories: Rings

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

If you're a regular reader of this little blog of mine, then you'll know that I'm something of a self-confessed magpie when it comes to jewellery. I've got quite a hefty collection, and rarely (if at all!) leave the house without an assortment of pieces, so I thought I'd take a little break from my normal style of posting to share some of my jewellery box favourites with you- starting with my rings. Rings are probably some of my most-worn accessories, and I feel pretty bereft if I'm without them. Not only are they super easy to wear, I think they're a really simple and classic way of updating any outfit- and I've usually got a constant rotation on the go which I can switch up depending on how I'm feeling or what I'm wearing. My current favourites are a pretty understated selection which are perfect for day-to-day dressing: 

From left to right: Peace Ring, Urban Outfitters/Rose Gold Ring, COS/Diamond Inset Ring, Gift/Trio of Band Rings, Mulberry/Gold Ring, Alex Monroe/Chunky Adjustable Ring, COS.
This peace sign ring from Urban Outfitters is probably one of the cheapest pieces in my jewellery box, picked up in their end of season sale for just under £5. It's simple, subtle and a piece which is perfect to wear alone or stacked alongside some chunkier designs. My jewellery collection was desperately lacking any rose gold pieces, until I snapped up this ring from COS a few weeks back. The double band design is lovely and ornate, and it's definitely a really nice accent piece to contrast against my (imitation!) yellow gold favourites. Diamonds are a girl's best friend (according to Marilyn, anyway), so it's a bit of a surprise that this simple inset band ring is one of the only gemstone pieces in my collection. It was a present from my auntie for my 16th birthday, and I've scarcely been without it since. Again, it's a really simple, classic design, and something which is a staple part of my everyday accessorising- a piece which I know I'll be wearing forever.  

This trio of rings from Mulberry were a real bargain, picked at their last sample sale. Each featuring a different design (a peace sign, a cut-out heart of the iconic Mulberry logo), these are perfect to wear separately or stacked together, and are real classics which I know will never go out of date. I'm a huge fan of Alex Monroe's jewellery, so when this bird and flower motif design was reduced in the Net-a-Porter sale at the start of the year, I snapped it up. With a gift voucher, it only came to £25 so it was a real savvy purchase- and is now one of my essentials. Finally, another recent addition to my jewellery box comes in the shape of another ring from COS- this time a chunky gold band. Minimalist accessorising might sound like a bit of a contradiction, but this is definitely a really modern, understated piece which works perfectly with so many of my wardrobe basics. 

Do you have any favourite pieces of jewellery? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. if you love rose gold you should try Welsh gold, very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooning over the Mulberry rings!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ring collection - the chunky Cos ring is so nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These rings are gorgeous! I love these photos :)

    I love my gold watch - I can't live without it hahaa :)

    Jade x

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so gorgeous!
    Especially the tree of the Mulberry trio! :)

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground