Pages

18.06.2013- What I Wore Today #130

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

As a rule, my day to day wardrobe is quite casual, and doesn't really veer into formal territory all that often. Whilst this is predominantly due to the fact that my evening ritual of settling down with a cuppa in front of the telly (early granny forever!) doesn't really require anything more dressy than my favourite pyjamas, I'm also really reluctant to splash out on formal pieces which I know will be languishing in my wardrobe for weeks on end. With this in mind, I'm a massive fan of adapting a lot of my existing wardrobe favourites for different occasions, as I did at the start of last week for a post-work event: 

Jacket- ASOS
Blouse- Ted Baker
Jeans- Whistles
Shoes- Topshop

This outfit is a variation on a look which you might remember from the start of the year, kept a little more casual thanks to my amazing Whistles jeans (I have honestly been living in them since I picked them up!) As I've said before, the simple contrast of black and white is something which I think you'd struggle to go wrong with, and I love the playful element which comes through with the inclusion of the bow tie. This blouse from Ted Baker has actually proved a real staple for me, primarily as it's so easy to style with so many of the pieces which I've already got squirreled away- definitely a really worthwhile investment purchase and the perfect piece to take from daytime to evening. 

What are your staple formal outfits? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! The dickie bow is a cute little touch :)

    The Little Antlers - blog
    Little Lemon Designs - portfolio
    My Etsy Shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that blouse and bow tie, bow ties are cool... My formal outfit is always a black dress x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely outfit! I'm such a sucker for black and white, it's really sweet with the bow tie too! Just found your blog, and now following you lovely! :)

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bow tie - you wear it so well! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground