Pages

20.06.2013- What I Wore Today #131

Thursday, 20 June 2013

As a rule, I'm generally quite reluctant to step out of my style comfort zone, but sometimes it's great to refresh your wardrobe with a couple of adventurous purchases. I posted last month about my new found love for the jumpsuit, and have been on the lookout for similarly simple pieces over the last couple of weeks. Whilst hunting for the perfect style can prove a bit of a nightmare (and occasionally a real changing room battle!), finding the right one is really rewarding - especially if you're on the lookout for a smart alternative to wearing trousers and blouses all of the time. One of my outfits from the weekend featured another recent jumpsuit-shaped addition to my wardrobe, as well as a real gem of a vintage discovery:

 Jumpsuit- River Island
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit)
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Vintage

 This jumpsuit was a recent purchase from River Island, and a piece which I instantly fell in love with. It's really simple, and something which I think is an ideal staple for dressing up or styling more casually. It's also really comfortable and perfect for adapting to our unpredictable weather! Keeping things simple, here I teamed it with some basic flats from Topshop and a new addition to my handbag collection in the shape of this pastel blue treasure from Rokit. After spying it in their Covent Garden store a couple of weeks ago, I instantly snapped it up as it's such a classic design and something which I know will complement a lot of my existing wardrobe favourites. Teamed with my favourite pair of vintage sunglasses, this was definitely a take on modern dressing with a splash of retro inspiration!

Have you picked up any new pieces recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

11 comments:

  1. Ooh Fazzle, I love your jumpsuit! The zip details are bloody perfect. (: Still very envious of your bag as well, I wish I had the patience to look through vintage archives! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bag is so chic, such a good buy. I've got a playsuit but I've never had a long jumpsuit. This longer one is a bit more practical as I'm a bit expose in my playsuit unless I wear tights x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the jumpsuit looks really cool, and I'm in love with that vintage bag! gorgeous colour x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you could rock a jumpsuit and look cool - I'd just look like a potato sack!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This jumpsuit is amazing on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is so pretty! I love how it brightens up the outfit! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh love the jumpsuit and the bag is really pretty! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this doesn't look like a jumpsuit at all! At first I thought it was this classy shirt paired with trousers. It looks lovely on you!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT JUMPSUIT IS GORGEOUS! so is the colour of that bag AND those shades!!! ughh I'm so jelly. I really love the look though, I imagine you going to a lux pyjama party with all these fancy 50's actresses. please don't think I'm weird. haha

    you've got a great blog :) I'm one of your newest followers :D
    you're welcome to follow me back if you want

    http://snippitydoodah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice look, the bag is so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground