Pages

13.07.2013- What I Wore Today #134

Saturday, 13 July 2013

This little heatwave we're having is pretty lovely, isn't it? As I mentioned in my last post, I'm not really one for lounging about soaking up the sun, but even I might be tempted to decamp to the garden a little bit later for some magazine perusing and book reading under the picnic brolly! Anyway, I digress- with the weather having been so glorious in the last week or so, I've definitely been dressing with keeping cool in mind. My hair has spent the majority of the week firmly fixed in a topknot and I've been rummaging through my wardrobe in search of my favourite bright bits and pieces. My outfit from the middle of the week included one of my all time favourite purchases, and something which has proved one of the best shopping investments I've ever made:

Blouse- Mary Katrantzou for Topshop
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Vintage
Earrings- Urban Outfitters

I've featured my Mary Katrantzou for Topshop blouse a couple of times since I snapped it up last year, and it's by far and away one of my all time favourite pieces. It's an instant mood booster when the weather's dreary, and the vibrant print makes it perfect for the sunny weather too. More than that, it's also something which I know I'll continue to treasure for years and years to come- especially as I only got my hands on it after waking up at the crack of dawn on the day the collection launched! Here I teamed it with my basic jeans from Laura Ashley, snazzy sunglasses and some rather jazzy earrings which I rediscovered in my jewellery collection last weekend- if you can't embrace a bit of bohemian style when the weather's this lovely, then when can you, eh?!

Do you have any summer staples which you've been wearing recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Looking as fabulous as ever!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely and summery! :)

    http://ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your top is lovely! very jealous that you managed to get your hands on one xo
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the blouse, I wish i'd bought something from the collection! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that all of you folks in the UK are getting a bit of summer! I'm not one to soak up the sun, either, but I do love being outdoors in the shade when it's warm. Catching up on books and magazines in the shade is wonderful! You look very summery here :)

    My summer staple is a dress. I do not wear pants in the summer, too hot!!!

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking beautiful and summery, Sarah! I'm loving this weather, everyone dresses in lovely colourful clothes! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground