Pages

15.07.2013- What's In My Makeup Bag: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Convoitise

Monday, 15 July 2013


Whilst my day to day makeup routine is more or less the same (and more fuss free than usual in this hot weather!), there are a handful of favourites which I find myself reaching for when I find myself wanting a little bit of a break from the norm. Step forward Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadows. I bought my first one (Epatant) last Christmas, and haven't looked back since, steadily adding to my collection with Emervillé, Fantasme and Abstraction. So, you can only imagine how excited I was when I saw that Chanel's High Summer beauty drop (which I posted about over at Aesthetic Online) included a couple of new shadows, namely Apparition (a beautiful blue which I may have also bought recently!) and this gorgeous gilded hue- Convoitise. 

If you're not familiar with the Illusion D'Ombre shadows then I'd definitely suggest popping along to your local Chanel counter to have a look at them- the powder-cream texture is really long lasting, and so easy to apply. I was instantly drawn to Convoitise as the pale gold shade is perfect for creating a subtle summer look, especially when built with my favourites from the the 'And God Created The Woman' palette by NARS. I find it easiest to apply with fingertips, but the brush which comes with the product is ideal for fixing any mistakes or creating a solid line of accent colour. It glides on beautifully, leaving a subtle shimmer after one application, or building to create a standout evening look which still feels really natural. If you're something of an Illusion addict (much like I am!), then it looks amazing when blended in with Emervillé, and the colour comes into vivid contrast when teamed with sister shade Apparition. Definitely a makeup bag must-have for this season and many more to come! 

Have you tried Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Still haven't managed to buy one of these, but Convoitise looks so pretty! Cheeeers for the post on Aesthetic as well lover! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty. I used to wear eyeshadow every day but stopped when I started working almost two years ago, I really need to get back into using it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I've not tried this as I always use the golds in my naked palette but will be trying this when those run out. Great everyday colour x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground