Pages

17.07.2013- What I Wore Today #135

Wednesday, 17 July 2013

I don't know about you, but this sudden heatwave is playing havoc with my wardrobe! Don't get me wrong, dressing for the hotter weather is a dilemma which I'm happy to be faced with, but since the start of last week I've found it pretty tricky to try and keep cool, especially on the commute to and from work- suffice it to say that London Underground is becoming more and more oven-like by the day! Anyway, in trying to stay cool I've been having a good old rummage through my wardrobe for some warm weather worthy pieces and teaming them with some newer purchases too: 

Blouse- Dahlia
Skirt- Whistles
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Vintage
 
I'm a huge fan of  Dahlia, so when this blouse found its way into their sale a few weeks ago I speedily snapped it up. It's the perfect burst of summer colour and works really nicely when teamed with some of my tailored favourites or with a simple pair of jeans. Here I opted to style it with my Carrie skirt from Whistles, a piece which I picked up last winter but which I'm really enjoying styling for the warmer weather too- it's the perfect all seasons staple. I don't wear skirts very often but I'm seriously considering adding to my collection if this weather is going to stay with us for as long as predicted- and I'm looking to the lovely Sophie's latest outfit post for inspiration on how to style them!
 
How have you been dressing for the heat?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, the Carrie skirt is something I wish I had bought at the time. I'm enjoying the nice weather although I really don't have enough office-appropriate warm weather dresses to last out the heatwave! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. dressing in this heat is a complete nightmare! I've been going in sleeveless even though I hate it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowy skirts and dresses are the only things that I am able to wear in this heat, I am just so warm!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out lovely! You don't need any help! You look gorge!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground