Pages

20.07.2013- Keep Fit, Look Fashionable

Saturday, 20 July 2013

As I mentioned in my recent post all about what I wear when I go running, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to kit- up until now the only thing I've really invested in are trainers. Having said that, I have been meaning to pick up some proper exercise essentials for a while now, particularly as a lot of the older clothes I've been wearing are well and truly past their best (I'm talking leggings which have long since said farewell to their elastic and old band tees which have been through the wash so many times they look like they've been left in the sun for too long!) Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all fussed about what I look like when I exercise, but having the proper tools for the job definitely makes things easier in the long run. So, when Marks and Spencer got in touch a little while ago offering me the opportunity to review a couple of pieces from their sportswear range, I jumped at the chance:

Sports Bra- c/o Marks and Spencer
Performance Active Leggings- c/o Marks and Spencer
Top- H&M
Trainers- Nike Free Run 3.0 (c/o sportsshoes.com)
Sunglasses- Topshop (c/o Westfield London)

As far as the fundamentals of running (or indeed any form of exercise) are concerned, a good sports bra is just about as essential as a good pair of trainers. I've been meaning to invest in a new one for ages, so when M&S asked if I'd like to pick one from their range to sample, I was over the moon. Not only is this the perfect style for high impact exercise (offering plenty if support), but it's also fantastically comfortable and a really welcome addition to my running gear. These Performance Active leggings are also incredible- they fit like a glove and are so comfy- perfect for making sure you get the most out of your exercise time. I'll definitely be picking up a few more pairs as they are perfect for running. 

What pieces are your exercise essentials?
 
(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the waistband detail on those leggings. Agree that a good sports bra is essential - I see far too many people out running without one, not good! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these leggings, I would never think of M&S but I really like the look of their exercise gear!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground