Pages

21.07.2013- Fashion in Motion: Jenny Packham

Sunday, 21 July 2013

The V&A's Fashion in Motion events are amongst some of my favourites- the opportunity to see amazing design come to life in the surroundings of the spectacular Raphael Gallery is always a real treat. I've posted before about the Kenzo and Yohji Yamamoto presentations which I've been lucky enough to attend, and when I heard that the latest event would focus on Jenny Packham's beautiful designs I was determined to get my hands on some tickets. All of the Fashion in Motion presentations are free, which means that seats get snapped up fairly quickly, but my persistent redialing paid off and last Friday Sarah, Elodie and I popped along to South Kensington to see some of Jenny's most iconic pieces up close:


Having long been an admirer of Jenny Packham's work, having the opportunity to see her fantastically ornate pieces firsthand was amazing- red carpet and editorial photography really don't do justice to just how beautiful each design looks in motion. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the label, this was the perfect retrospective of a body of work which is not defined by trends or seasons per se, but by a clearly defined aesthetic and an approach to design which is truly timeless.

Are you a fan of Jenny Packham? And have you ever been to a Fashion in Motion event?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Love love Jenny Packham's work, and you've captured all the pieces beautifully. So sad I couldn't join you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground