Pages

28.07.2013- What I Wore Today #137

Sunday, 28 July 2013

Now that there's a bit of a fresher feel in the air and the Great British summer has seen the return of some routine rainy spells, I for one definitely feel more than a tad relieved. Travelling to and from work using the Underground has been pretty hellish over the last few weeks, so I'm quite glad that we've now got a little bit of a break from the sweaty horrors of commuting in high summer. Having said that, the hot weather has provided me with the perfect opportunity (or should that be excuse!) to pick up some 'summer essentials', and one of my favourite recent outfits incorporated some new additions to my wardrobe: 

Blouse- Zara
Trousers- Next
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- c/o Warehouse
Sunglasses- Topshop (c/o Westfield London)
Necklace- Whistles

Not another pair of printed trousers I hear you cry! In my defence, I'd spied these at Next's SS13 press day last year and loved how they had been styled, but had never gotten around to buying them. Low and behold, when their sale launched a few weeks back they were reduced to under £20 so I couldn't resist snapping them up. Here I teamed them with another new wardrobe favourite in the shape of this basic blouse from Zara, which is really lightweight and has sheer panelled details at the side- making it perfect for keeping cool in the city. Completed with my super practical new bag from Warehouse and Topshop sunglasses, this type of look has proved something of a staple for me over the last few weeks, and I'm sure it will be a combination which I'll be revisiting as summer continues (although perhaps accessorised with an umbrella, eh?!)
 
Have you picked up any summer essentials recently?
 
(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how you have coped with the heat recently on the Tube, it sounds horrific!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I'm Tia, a french fan. How are you. I love the enssence of your blog and your style. I go to Brighton and London in few days. Can I have some advice about places for shopping, places to visit, to eat and have fun.

    Thanks. Have a nice day ;) xoxo

    Tia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tia,

      Thanks for your lovely comment! In Brighton I'd definitely suggest heading to North Laine and the shops in that area and Snooper's Paradise is a real favourite of mine. London has so many amazing museums and galleries, but definitely check out the V&A, Somerset House and The National Gallery. Kensington Palace is also a must-visit. For shops, I love Covent Garden and Selfridges. In terms of eating, you can't really go wrong with lots of the restaurants in London but I love Bills and Patty & Bun is well worth a trip if you don't mind waiting for a while.

      Have a lovely trip!
      x

      Delete
    2. Hi Sarah, thank you for your response. I love what you do and I think that you seems (well, you are) beautiful both inside and out. Maybe, it's too much but do you know great fish or vegan restaurant (for my sister). Than you so much!! :))

      Delete
    3. Ignore my message, I have the info. Thank you dear Sarah :)

      Delete
    4. No problem, have a lovely trip! x

      Delete
  3. If Aisling is the Queen of printed trousers, you are surely a Princess!

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trousers and the bag (noticed it yesterday but forgot to ask where it was from!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit, I can't believe you got the pants for less than £20, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground