Pages

01.08.2013- What I Wore Today #138

Thursday, 1 August 2013

Well, it seems as though (for today at least!) the blazing summer sun is back with us. As I mentioned in my last outfit post, knowing what to wear during this recent warm spell has proved something of a challenge, and, with the traditional British wardrobe being almost naturally predisposed to a disappointing summer, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has found myself in a bit of a pickle with putting together practical outfits over the last few weeks. Even when there has been a little bit of a break from the sun, it's still been horribly muggy- so, inspired by an outfit which I put together towards the middle of last month, I've abandoned my staple jeans and trousers for the time being, and things have been getting a little skirty(!): 

Blouse- Zara
Skirt- Topshop
Shoes- c/o Clothing at Tesco
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit)
Sunglasses- Vintage
Belt- ASOS
 
A look which was more than a little bit inspired by all things Dior, this is a little more ladylike than I'm used to as far as day to day outfits go, but it's a combination which has become a firm favourite. This skirt was something of a spur of the moment purchase from Topshop, snapped up after seeing someone looking super stylish in the same piece at the Fashion in Motion event I went to a few weeks back. I'm normally a bit wary of A-lines, but the pleated details on this one give it the perfect proportions and plenty of structure- ideal for evoking a vintage inspired silhouette. Having said that, I think that the sheer inlay panel gives it a really up-to-date edge - so I suppose it's a piece which is simultaneously both a little bit retro and modern. Styled simply with some of my current favourites, I'm sure this combination is something I'll be returning to time and time again.

Have you picked up any summer pieces recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

10 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks amazing! The perfect summer outfit! Your hair looks really pretty too! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this skirt! I saw it in store a month of so ago and have been umming and aahing over it but I think this has sealed the deal, it looks beautiful!

    Sarah

    http://areyouhavingagiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah you look absolutely stunning! I've had my eye on this skirt for an age - although my bank account won't let me buy it :( I'll have your when you're finished haha!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty skirt, love that sheer detail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty pretty skirt,love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was admiring this skirt in Topshop today, its beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfit, i have been eyeing this skirt in Topshop! It's so beautiful! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This skirt is so perrrrfect, looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE this skirt, such a pretty print and shape!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground