Pages

04.08.2013- What I Wore Today #139

Sunday, 4 August 2013

As I mentioned in my ASOS post a few days ago, it's quite refreshing to see some early autumn pieces arriving in the shops and online. Whilst the appearance of any new season collection is usually pretty bad news for my bank balance(!), for AW13 I'm resolved to make a few solid investment buys to see me through the remainder of the year. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect pink coat, and am already on the hunt for some solid winter footwear, as well as looking for pieces which I know I'll be able to work into my wardrobe and pair with a lot of my existing favourites. With this in mind, my outfit from last weekend was a combination of something old and something new:

Top- Topshop
Trousers- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo
Shoes- Topshop
Necklace- Next (c/o Westfield London)
Sunglasses- Vintage

I've been on the lookout for a leather look top for a little while now, and found myself umming and aahing over a similar style from Whistles a few weeks back. Alas, although it was reduced in the sale it was still a little too pricey to justify, but low and behold- Topshop have gone and created a far more affordable alternative! I love the longer line of this design, and it's something which I know will be perfect for styling with a lot of my favourite trousers. Here I paired it with some from the Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo collection- since I snapped them up earlier in the year they've become a real go-to piece, especially during the warmer weather. Finished off with some statement accessories, this was the perfect outfit for spending a lovely afternoon with The Dream Team at Lily's for an early birthday celebration.

Have you made any new season purchases recently?
 
(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. I love these trousers - perfect for the crazy weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah this outfit is so lovely! i absolutely loove your sunglasses
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the chic sunglasses! I've been buying loads of black and leopard print the past few weeks, love the A/W collections so far x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked proper lush at the picnic Sarah! Still lusting after that top!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, your sunglasses are perfection! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground